Updated: Mar 31
by Dawn L. Billings, founder of RelationshipHelp.com
There are 15 objectives for insuring your child's developmental success identified by the Social Development Research Group at the University of Washington. The CAPABLES Parenting Tool & Child Development System aids parents in accomplishing each of the following 15 important success objectives:
1. Promote Bonding
2. Foster Resilience
3. Promote Social Competence
4. Promote Emotional Competence
5. Promote Cognitive Competence
6. Promote Behavioral Competence
7. Promote Moral Competence
8. Foster Self-determination
9. Foster Spirituality
10. Foster Self-efficacy
11. Foster Clear and Positive Identity
12. Foster Belief in the Future
13. Provide Recognition for Positive Behavior
14. Provide Opportunities for Prosocial Involvement: and
15. Foster Prosocial Norms
If you want to insure your child's developmental success, The CAPABLES Parenting Tool & Child Development System is your answer.
* Catalano, R. F., Berglund, M. L., Ryan, J. A. M., Lonczak, H. S., & Hawkins, J. D. (2004). Positive youth development in the United States: Research findings on evaluations of positive youth development pro- grams. Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science, 591, 98–124.
In 2008 Dawn was selected by Oprah Magazine and The White House project as one of 80 emerging women leaders in the nation.
and she is executive director of the luxury couple's healing resort, RelatoionshipHelpResort.com in Arizona. Dawn is the author and architect of the Primary Colors Personality Test and Insight Tools, founder of OverJOYed Life and creator of the Happiness Curriculum.